Sunday, September 20, 2009

Country Squirrel Hunting!




I had a couple of pictures of our trip in Ryan's phone. How could I have forgotten these!!!!! While in Kentucky, Kiersten wanted to go squirrel hunting. Ryan, Kiersten and Gramps went one morning out on my fathers land. I stayed back at dad's house. As much as Kiersten always said she wanted to go and shoot a squirrel I didn't think she would be able to bring herself to actually go hunting. They took off early morning back in the hills. A couple hours later dad and I was sitting on the front porch and around the house Kiersten came a running so excited and laughing. She almost threw the thing into my face. I couldn't help but to laugh. It had a stick shoved into it's foot so she could carry it. She was so excited about it and I was too. Until she said that she wanted Gramps to fry it up so she could eat it. And they did. They fried it up and Kiersten ate her some squirrel meat. Oh how I miss country living. Some will not know what to think of this but others they know exactly what I mean by saying how I miss country living. Ain't nothing else like it!!!! I am and will always be proud of my roots.. Back in the mountains of Eastern Kentucky is where both myself and Ryan was raised!!! Ryan and I have been away from home for 10 years now. I really miss Kentucky and all my family.

4 comments:

:o) said...

i love country living, too....but....squirrel hunting? A deer yes, but a squirrel? That poor child :) Tell dad to take her phesant (if i spelled that right) hunting! or Turkey! :)

Margaret said...

Country living is great. Rob did the "weird" hunting...hee hee. I will always hold the hunting trips my daddy took us on dear to me, when we were kids, he would deer and boar hunt. Although, I came from Florida, we came from the country & even a little swamp area.

p.s. GO GATORS!!!

Margaret said...

Oh and I meant to congratulate, Miss Kiersten on her squirrel. Rambo loves squirrel hunting, they should get together sometime...hee hee.

:o) said...

lisa
put up more blog pic stuff!!!!!!!!!